I really have neglected this place for far too long…. What’s that last post? August 2009 you say? Isn’t that a million years ago in internet time? Okay, I’m sorry. I promise that I’ll be back with more posts on a regular basis. Look, I even cleaned up around here!
And just look that this shiny new website will you? So nice, so fresh. Ahh, that new website smell. Big thanks to my grand old friend Mr. Pete Brundle esq. and his team of coding savants down at Nice Device for bringing my few general statements into a tight arrangement of pixels and appropriately tagged streams of data driven by arcane symbols. I wish for bottles of single malt whisky and electrifying insights into the nature of reality to rain down upon you when needed.
Seeing as it’s been a mere 21 months since my last update, strap in and get ready for an update blipvert.
- I became a Dad again. We had a little girl and her name is Esmeralda Iris Alma.
- I’m now working at Electric Dreams.
- I’ve been working on tons of different projects. Such as:
- With J. David Franzke, did a whole bunch of sound design and music for a feature film.
- Along with Lachlan Carrick, did a couple of live shows and a bunch of recordings for Speak Percussion at MONA FOMA.
- Operated some sound and helped design a crazy sound system for Interior Design: Music for the Bionic Ear.
- Some sound design for NICA and a few other little bits and pieces such as some sound for new works by Daniel Crooks.
- A bunch of live sound and some production hussle for Liquid Architecture and What Is Music?
- A whole bunch of mastering for lots of interesting music. Check the mastering page for details.
- Mixing and recording for a few projects such as The Queens Head.
- I’m still teaching at RMIT, in the sound area at the School of Art.
- I’m still popping up from time to time on RRR FM to recklessly pundit over tech on Byte Into It.
Probably the most exciting thing in this list is my new place at Electric Dreams. It a music/sound writing and production studio located in South Melbourne. The above photo is a shot of my room at ED. It’s a great place to work and filled with awesome people. I feel really privileged to be working there! It’s home base to Qua (Cornel Wilczek), Clue To Kalo (Mark Mitchell), Magic Silver White (Jojo Petrina) and Super Melody (James Cecil).
More to come…